Despite protests from Hunters Hill Trust, Ryde & Hunters Hill Flora & Fauna Flora Preservation Society and many community members, Council has unanimously adopted the latest version of the Plan of Management for Boronia Park. The new plan allows for:
- car parking inside the park in Princes Street
- sporting clubs to open and close the gate to Princes St
- construction of a sporting clubhouse within the park, described as a “community facility”
- lighting on Oval 3.
The changes favour selected sporting groups at the expense of:
- the ordinary users of the park
- other sporting groups that are currently excluded from Boronia park
- the environmental requirements of this bushland.
Leave A Comment