- Lack of diverse housing
- Lack of green open public space
- Lack of community meeting rooms
- Too much traffic
- Location of community library
- Lack of car parking
- Lack of connectivity between transportation modes
- Lack of connectivity between shops facing Victoria Rd and the Coles Shopping Centre site
- Poor aesthetics, mismatched design, colours and materials
- Poor pedestrian network – lack of signage, uneven surfaces
- Lack of conservation of heritage buildings and sites.
Every single one of these issues is either IMPORTANT or ESSENTIAL and all of them will need to be addressed in any proposal. To single out only three issues from this list implies that the others are less import, which is clearly not the case.
This is one of the questions that people have been asked to answer as we plan the future for Gladesville Shopping Village. Tony’s Coote has made a full report on the problems that have been happening with Council’s community consultation on The future of Gladesville.