Tag Archives: The Priory

Inspector of Nuisances

Thomas Stubbs must have been a multi-talented individual.  Apart from being Inspector of Nuisances he was a composer, concert performer, persuasive auctioneer, journalist and farmer. In 1836 he bought 18 acres at the southern end of Tarban Creek.  The Surveyor General at the time noted ‘nobody but a madman would want to buy’ this land.  Stubbs built a […]
Tagged | Leave a comment

What’s happening to the Priory?

The Priory is a State Heritage Listed building that is managed by Hunters Hill Council. Council intends to lease the Priory to Tranter Vass Pty Ltd for 21 years.  The Manning Road site would be ‘adapted’ for use as a wedding venue and corporate function centre. Hunters Hill Trust is strongly opposed to the large scale of […]
Tagged | Leave a comment