Three and a half years after trucks started dumping fill at Boronia Park No 3 Oval we are still faced with problems:
- Excessive size of field
- Excessive slope of the batter at the northern end
- Inclusion of ‘dirty fill’
- Failure to stabilise the batters.
HHT recommends that
- That no further Council projects be classified as Exempt Development unless fully assessed to be genuinely of minor impact, and performed under full Council supervision.
- That the Survey report(s) supplied to Council, showing the actual size and height of the field in relation to its original size and height, be made available.
- That the Engineer’s report(s) supplied to Council as to the structural soundness of the retaining walls be made available.
- That the incomplete items be completed.
- That a financial report be made available showing all contributions to the cost of the project, financial or in-kind, including Government grants, and Council’s own contributions.
Read the full report: