More than a third (34%) of residents of Ryde / Hunters Hill ABS statistical area live in apartments, which is more than the average for Greater Sydney (28%) Source: 2016 ABS Census data.
In 2016, more apartments were built in Australia than houses. Building industry deregulation presents serious concerns over quality, materials and fire compliance, including
- poor oversight by local planners and authorities
- self-certification of building components
- relaxation of defect rectification requirements
- long chains of sub-contractors
- cheap or non-compliant fittings and finishes.
Many people blame foreign investors but in fact most investors are locals. For more information about the implications of Investor-driven developments.
Leave A Comment