- Restore the 5 meter wide setback from Cowell Street to ensure deep soil planting and a green wall along this boundary
- Pedestrian footpath along the western side of Flagstaff Street
- Heritage-listed cottage at 10 Cowell Street incorporated, not demolished
- Design with high architectural values
- Start by building a new underground car park so all the access issues are addressed and the overall bulk and scale of the building is reduced
- Give back to the community – publicly accessible space and community amenities.
You can read HHT’s full letter to Council here.
A good example of how a large development can integrate public and private space and create a fine landscaped public area can be seen at the new Central Square in Broadway
Leave A Comment