The Trust takes a strong position on a number of issues in Hunters Hill Council’s Draft LEP that could weaken Council’s planning controls, including:
- The deletion of any reference to the Conservation Advisory Panel
- The removal of the schedule of Contributory Items
- The increase in the maximum building height
- The provision for 50% landscaped areas
- The lack of identification of significant natural bushland (E2) and hence the potential lack of control in relation to the preservation of this bushland
- The heritage status of the Hillman Orchard
- Excessive sandstone removal
- Tree preservation and protection of private bushland
- The imposition of the standard government complying and exempt controls
- Dual occupancy provisions
- The identification and protection of Aboriginal heritage
- Provisions for sex services within areas zoned B4 zones.
Download the Hunters Hill Trust’s full response to the Draft LEP here.